Sunday, July 14, 2013

Best Truck Stop Shower

I have seen heaven and it is the inside of a Petro truck stop shower room in the middle of Kansas (1-70 x 252 Salina to be exact). I must say that Petro/TA do tend to have some of the nicer showers on the interstate (as long as they are not a dealer owned travel center) complete with ceramic tile, marble, granite, hair dryers and full sets of towels; but this shower ladies and gents was no ordinary shower!



As I opened the door I saw a room easily 4 times the size of our truck sleeper (probably 2x the size of a typical at-home bathroom) and I laid my eyes upon a gigantic mirror above a double sink vanity with granite top. Inside that mirror (yes, inside!) was a TV! Of course I have seen such spectacular things on HGTV and in magazines but I have never actually seen one in person and all for my own use! I about died right then and there. But not before snapping some shots to share on Facebook with all of my friends and acquaintances, naturally. 




Then I make my way over to the shower area and seriously, you could have knocked me over with a feather... there was a rain shower head in the ceiling! AND a wall-mounted/handheld sprayer head. My first thought was "Did I slip in a puddle of water when I came in and hit my head? I must be dreaming, no truck stop shower looks THIS nice!"





After that I unpacked my various shower necessities and flipped the channel to Men In Black on TV Land and proceeded to put on a face mask and just sit and watch a good 30 minutes of the movie before I eventually peeled myself from the granite bench and turned on the rain shower head and got down to showering. I am officially in love with the rain shower head and absolutely must have one of these when I grow up and have a place of my own. 



In addition to the awesome TV and shower set up there was also a million (ok probably 6 or 7) hooks for clothes and things when usually there are only 1 or 2 and as always with Petro/TA they include a full set of towels (2 large, 1 hand towel, 1 washcloth & 1 bath mat) whereas Pilot/Flying J only give you a bath mat, 1 large and 1 washcloth.  I can't tell you how much of a difference an extra large towel makes when you have long hair! I usually end up having to hunt down a janitor to accost him into giving me an extra or use the bath mat :-/ 





When I finally emerged about an hour and a half later I reached back to grab the door handle and gave one last longing look back at the TV as I clicked the door closed.  Salinas Petro Shower... I do not know when we will meet again but I will be looking forward to it. 






** As it turns out my husband had a similar shower but his was not nearly as big as mine (bwahahahaha) but he did think to take a video of his while I just managed pictures of mine whilst in my awesome shower trance. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment